Hi All,
I was pretty excited to get my Redhat 6.2 cd about 2 weeks ago,
but now after many install attempts I am absolutely sick of it!
My Pentium 75 w 40Mb of Ram, previously had Mandrake 6.1 happily
installed.
Deciding that I would re-install with Redhat 6.2, I did a complete
re-format
ready to the install. But now I am getting the dreaded signal 7 or
signal 11
during the install. It happens after I spend an eternity selecting the
individual
packages to install, as it begins to install it will crash, and spit the
cd out.
It usually installs one package and then crash.
I've checked the faq:
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/faqs/rhl_general_faq/FAQ-4.html#ss4.17
and
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/
tried most suggestions,
Memory problems - don't know - it was fine with 6.1 and
I've recompiled the 2.2 kernel fine on the machine before.
Nothing's changed, tried re-setting the bios to defaults,
Tried swapping memory around, tried taking out the ethernet cards....
same problem.
Tried Mandrake 7.0 as well.
Btw - I'm using text mode install.
I was wondering if other Slug members have the same problems and what
they did to fix it...
I may have to use Debian...
Happy Linuxing,
Adrian.
--
Access1 http://www.access1.com.au
Address
MLC Centre, Level 46
19-29 Martin Place,
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone +61 2 9233 8883
Fax +61 2 9233 8885
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text