On Wed, 3 May 2000, Rick Welykochy wrote:

> Aravind Naidu wrote:
> 
> I guess I'm overwhlemed by the documentation (and it's quality! IBM do
> a good job).

Yeah, it is nice to get spoilt from time to time.....

> Does the Websphere product offer any built-in scripting? Or is
> it Java based?

You'd use JSP (Java Server Pages) for that. This whole solution is very
"Javaish".  I've done some development work using this environment, and on
the whole its pretty nice.....  I'd say that the component that was the
flakiest was WebSphere Studio - on Windoze, which explains a fair 
bit).  WebSphere App. Server v3 for Linux will be good, as will WebSphere
Studio for Linux!!!! I had to use Windoze just for WebSphere Studio - tell
IBM that you want a FULL Linux solution.

> 
> Since IBM HTTPD is based on Apache, I imgine we could use perl
> where it suited us. 

Shouldn't be a problem.....

> 
> I wonder if you can compile your own IBM HTTPD? Or is it "out of the box?"

I don't believe their flavour has available source.

> 
> Thanks,
> Rick W
> 
> 
> --
> Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services Pty Limited
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text
> 

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to