Hi all, I managed to get a simple Perl Banner program from CGi Recources and it works OK but is a bit of a pain to maintain as it requires modifying the CGI file for addign extra banners, etc... What I would like to do is modify the existing script to read an existing banners.txt file (as below) into an array and read the JPG file and the HREF tag lines, then increment a list counter. Then all that is required is to output whatever that is in $banner($count)$href($count).. banners.txt ----------------- /images/linuxrules.jpg http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au /images/suxbadly.jpg http://www.microsoft.com /images/something.jpg http://www.anothersite.com At the moment it's using the following method and it sucks: if $count=1 then banner="http://......" if $count=2 then banner="http://another" etc.. This has to change everytime the user wants to add/change the banner list.. Is anybody happy enought to help me on this? If you want a copy of the script please reply and I'll send you a copy. thanks, George Vieira Network Administrator Citadel Computer Systems P/L http://www.citadelcomputer.com.au -- SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with unsubscribe in the text
