> If you're really clever you can turn this into a printer share and let
> people print to it from their Windows boxes and either (if
> authenticated) have the pdf emailed to them or turn up in some shared
> temporary directory a few moments later.  After all, even Windows can
> produce Postscript!
> 
> Someone mentioned this a while ago so I'm sure if you hunt around
> there'll be a script somewhere.

I have done such a thing with my linux server here... Works an absolute
treat, however only for Windows NT clients (!!) - Windows 95 clients get
back a PDF that looks about the right size - but "Doesn't have a root
object"

The actual conversion command is:

gs -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
-dCompatibilityLevel=1.2 -sOutputFile=- -c save pop -

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

I've used a few different types of Postscript printers (HP, Apple
LaserWriter etc) on the Win95 box.

Josh.
--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to