John and George,

Thanks for the pointers.

I found the problem in my zone file.  Changed that and all seems okay
now (Unless I've broken something else!)

Thanks

Peter


On Tue, 4 Jul 2000 11:22:58 +1000 
John Wiltshire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> From: Peter Vogel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> > I'm trying to get my system to understand that my virtual host
> > www.righthemisphere.com.au is at 203.41.215.171 not 192.168.0.1.
> > I have added an entry to hosts as follows but didn't seem to fix it:
> > 
> > 203.41.215.171 www.righthemisphere.com.au www
> > 
> > Do I need to do something else for named to understand?
> 
> Peter,
> 
> named does not use /etc/hosts for its database (assuming you are running
> bind).  Depending on the version of bind you are running it uses
> /etc/named.boot (pre v8) or /etc/named.conf (post v8).  From there it gets
> kinda complex but the man pages are quite good, as is the bind web site.
> 
> John Wiltshire
> --
> SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
> unsubscribe in the text

--
SLUG - Sydney Linux Users Group Mailing List - http://www.slug.org.au
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
unsubscribe in the text

Reply via email to