Peter Faulks wrote:

> The client's ISP has a company policy against the use of PHP.
Why? Are the ASP/IIS fans? :)

> Are there known security issues with PHP?
Nope. You can even lock it down more by specifying safe mode and doing
various bits and bobs in the compilation and cojnfiguration such as
discarding redirection heading. Have a look at
http://au.php.net:81/manual/html/security.html

> I like the concept of fast cgi, ie no database connect/disconnect
> every time a cgi request comes in, but I hear fast cgi hasn't really
> taken off..  Comments?
A lot of the cgi 'bolt-ons' don't seem to have gathered much support -
that's true. MOst people are happy to use mod_perl/php etc.

Cheers,
 Graeme