From: Terry Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 10:31 AM
To: Slug
Cc: Jeff Waugh
Subject: Re: [SLUG] How to turn off XDM

Jeff Waugh wrote:

> > Can anyone tell me how to turn off XDM auto-restart.
> > I need to be able to run X though (so init 3 is no good).
>
> You're RedHatting aren't you Terry?

At the moment (6.0).

>   su root
>   /etc/rc.d/init.d/xdm stop
>   exit
>   startx
>
> That's what you wanted, right?

What I wanted was something from "man xdm", got zilch.
I'd settle for the /etc/rc.d/init.d/xdm script but, as I don't have it
on my system.
The only xdm executable I have doesn't like anything on the command
line. The other xdm's are directories.

I'm head scratching. None of my books have anything either.

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.