Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 04:57:13PM +1000, Howard Lowndes uttered:
> > Mail server.  Does M$ need Win2K server and M$ Exchange server?
>
> Per-seat fees baby!  Make sure you mention that and talk about costs if
> they increase to, say, 15 clients.

one of the PC mags did a comparison of MTAs a while back and I
remember it cos (a) no unix one was included (only M$ PC shit)
and (b) the prices they quoted started in the several thousand $$
(depending on the number of people using it, as Simon says).

I couldn't believe that anyone with half a brain would pay those
sort of figures when a unix box running <insert your favourite MTA>
would do a way better job and cost $0 (for the MTA software at least
even with a commercial unix).

Dave.