> Steve Kowalik wrote:
>
>       Seems like a lame attempt to sell Bonobo/Helix stuff...
>       Of course code reuse is a Good Thing[tm], but most programmers i
> know will not search for hours looking for a module, they will write their
> own. It isn't it just UNIX, it is people's attitudes as well.

Sounds like a complete waste of time. Raph Levien tells the ultimate "Not
Invented Here" story; an associate he was working with didn't like libjpeg
for some reason or another and vowed to rewrite it.

Raph went through the code later on, and found the obvious cut'n'pastes.
So he says, libjpeg is not something you'd ever rewrite.

It takes less time to search for something that does what you require than
it does to develop it from scratch. Of course, I say this whilst having an
annoying time finding something appropriate for the SLUG site. "From
scratch" has crossed my mind a number of times.

>     "First, it's done on UNIX, then done on Windows. It's always the way..."

COM -> Bonobo

We're still playing catchup in some areas...

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ----------------------- http://linux.org.au/installfest/
                                                       http://linux.conf.au/
   I am Jack's implicit trust of ActiveX & VBScript.     http://slug.org.au/