Howdy Terry,

Hope the day has been good. :) Can we put a review up on the SLUG page for
you?

> Looking for recommendations for a browser that can run under X running
> on a 24Mb machine. The user is a begineer. gui preferred. Windows
> Manager is Fwm???

Encompass:
  http://www.geocities.com/lordzephyroth/encompass.html

Based on gtkhtml, so it ought to be reasonably tight. Looks like a nice
simple GUI browser, though I must admit I haven't tried it.

Galeon:
  http://galeon.sourceforge.net/

Galeon may be appropriate too, using the Mozilla rendering engine, Gecko.

Oh, and I *heartliy* recommend Links as a good console browser. It contains
almost all the useful features you'd expect from a graphical browser
(colour, background downloading, etc), but kicks the proverbial when it
comes to speed.

- Jeff