> There's another alternative: apsfilter. This is especially good when your
> sysadmin has installed lprng, this making it difficult to use printtool.
> It comes with a console tool for defining queues in printcap that can
> automatically determine (in most cases) the type of file being printed and
> invoke the right filter chain.

Actaully while i think of it there is also CUPS.

the Common Unix Printing System.

Its kept over at www.cups.org and it is free.

I've heard ppl on thelist raving about it before.

I was going to give it a go this time.

Jason

--
GnuPG Key 2450EEDC Jason Rennie<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Key fingerprint = 1A2B 5E34 B45A 2871 A488  99C7 7579 5FFC 2450 EEDC