Suse 6.4 kernel 2.2.16  backport patch
usb-2.4.0-test2-pre2-for-2.2.16-v3.diff DualCeleron Gibabyte
GA-6BXD MBoard.

The Netcomm Roadster 11 AM5050 R3 usb modem is now working ok. Patience
and Research seems to be the way. The modules that came with the patch
and are used with the modem are usb-uhci, core, and acm. I am currently
needs to be acm compliant for this to work. There are other
configuration possibilities mentioned in the patch documentation.

Having dual processors caused a problem for a while. Usb was loading but
not talking to the modem. The trick was to find and change the MPS
setting in bios. Mine was set to v1.4. I Changed this to V 1.1. From
this point onward the lights went on and communicating with the modem
was possible. Excuse my ignorance but I am not sure what this setting is
for.

The patch sets up devices /dev/ttyACM0, /dev/ttyACM1 etc. Setting up
Wvdial to use these eventually completed my link to internet. But not
before I made adjustments to the Wvdial configuration. Minicom also
worked ok but would not stay connected to my ISP.

It would not be difficult for Netcomm to provide support for this Usb
device. We need to support Australian products and they need to support
us. They may not be able to train all staff in the intricacies  of
Linux. But they could easily refer customers to their web page or
provide downloadable documentation.

They make a good product. I am glad that I stayed with them.

Brian Marr