On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:58:04AM +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 03:15:39AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Anyone else going?
> >
> > Perhaps the SLUG Choir should start rehearsing the Free Software Song.
> >
> > Penguinillas, it's DEFCON 3, upgrades to 5 imminent.
>
> As a WarGames movie fanatic I can tell you it goes the opposite way.
>
> DEFCON 5 is complete peace-time (i.e. it has never happened to date).
>
> DEFCON 1 is Global Thermonuclear War. (i.e. it has never happened to date).
>
> DEFCON 4, 3, 2 are the juicy bits in between. DEFCON is `normal' status.

If you have the DVD and listen to the commentary done by the writers
you'll see that they winged it and guessed cos this was a big secret
and in the end got it the wrong way around. DefCon 1 is peacetime.

--
CaT ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

        'He had position, but I was determined to score.'
                -- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'