On 07-Sep-2000 Jill Rowling wrote:
> I believe you can, but only the same hardware architecture (eg Linux x86 can
> run Solaris X86 version, but not the SPARC version).

FWIW, you can definitely run (some/most) Solaris SPARC binaries under SPARC
Linux. You need to copy some Solaris libraries first - don't ask me for
details, I've never done it, check out http://www.ultralinux.org/faq.html#q_8_7
instead. iBCS is involved unless you are sparc64.

If you need to run SPARC binaries on x86, I think you're toast. (Aside - can
Alphas do this? Vague memories of yes...)

--
Jim Hague - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Work), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Play)
Never trust a computer you can't lift.