> I'm sure you're aware of the Free Software Song (the only
   > recording I could find: <URL:
   > http://www.jwz.org/why-cooperation-with-rms-is-impossible.mp3>)

   and of course, there's the techno remix; a copy of which is at:

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~gusl/poolroom/stallman.mp3.bz2

this could become the anthem of the Free Software Revolution Number 9.

http://www.fsf.org/music/free-software-song.html
is the best link for the free software song
(based on a modal Bulgarian dance tune in the key of 7/4; this is
certainly a song to appeal to the intellect and not to the ears)
as well as RMS singing it you can also get a printout of the music,
typeset in something called GNU Lilypond which is a helper for LaTeX
by the look of it. I always think the opening line from the Free
Software song sounds a bit like the opening line from "The Girl from
Ipanema", which reminds me of an even more off topic story that
Australian pianist Michael Kieran Harvey can transpose any tune of any
music into the Girl from Ipanema and frequently does it during
practice to infuriate his sister who he plays piano duets with.

http://www.fsf.org/fun/humor.html#Music
has a few other songs such as "Addicted to vi" after Robert Palmer and
"The GDB song" after Do-Re-Mi from the Sound of Music. You get the
idea.

Count me in for the choir, especially if I can ever figure out words
for the "DMCA" song I am thinking about. I got the Village People
lyric wrong before (shame on me), it is actually:

They have everything
For Young Men to enjoy
You can hang out with all the boys

and is still one of the great lyrics of the '70s.

Stuart.