We have been unable to get an organiser for the Xfest, so we have
assessed that the demand for an Xfest is low to none.

Therefore the committee has decided to drop the XFest that was intended
to be held on 18th October.

If someone is interested in taking responsibility for organisation, but
is unsure what is involved, please volunteer and give it a go and the
committee will give you what assistance/guidance it can.

Remember the fests are for you - the users, so if you want a particular
fest to happen, suggest it and volunteer to organise it. There will be
times when more than one person is interested in  organising the same
fest; that's fine - the load will be shared amongst the volunteers.

Just to outline what is usually involved: you book room, organise
speakers, arrange demo if required or handson sessions, organise format,
make announcements and turn up on the day unless an act of god detains
you. Obviously varying degrees of assistance are available from the
committee. Also the organiser can run the fests any way they wish as
long as it doesn't veer from the topic too greatly.

The next fest that we understand people are interested in is a
Network/Security fest, to be held on the 21st November. If someone or
group of individuals would like to volunteer to become organiser(s)
please email me and I shall forward details of what we have in mind.

Committee