Christine Whybrow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Linux-Mandrake 7.1 on my new motherboard.
>

> 1/ Sound. The sound is reported ( by Win 2000 ) as a Intel 82801BA/BAM AC
> '97 Audio Controller 2445. Linux seems completely unable to detect it!

Have you tried runnig sndconfig?  It's a redhat utility included with Mandrake
7.1 and it worked for me.

> 2/ NIC. The NIC is reported as Intel Pro/100 VE Network Card ( again under
> Win 2000 ). Undere Linux the card is detected but can't install and I am
> presented with a page of options ( transmit and receive fifo's etc) but I
> have no idea of what to fill in?

I recently installed to a system with an Intel Pro/100 (built into the
motherboard) and it detected fine when installing.

 - Doug

  Network Operations Engineer - Big Pond Advance Satellite
 Ericsson Australia - Level 5, 184 The Broadway, Sydney 2000
  Ph: +61-416-085-390   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]