On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 09:08:03AM +0000, Subba Rao wrote:

> It has been a long time since I have used the gdb dubugger.
> I am steping through a large program and would like to
> automate the 'next' command from breakpoint A to breakpoint B.
>
> How can I automate the 'next' command in this case?

you could put it in a while loop, but I think you can only use
program variables in the condition not gdb state -- I can't get
a decent condition on $pc to work. In any case, what you want to
do is probably better done by with watchpoints or (for examining
a loop) attaching commands to a new breakpoint between A and B.
("help watch", "help commands")

OTOH if you're using gdb interactively, just hitting 'enter' will
repeat the last command for you.

Conrad.