> John Ferlito wrote:
>

> What's is the go for ducumentation these days. Assuming I want to document something
> and then fairly easily ie automatically turn it into any of the folowing and have it
>look
> fairly close to the original.

You seek DocBook!

>       I'm currently thinking the only thing that really has all the tools is SGML
>but I've
> never realy played with it. Most I've really used is latex but you can only really
>convert that
> into decent pdf and ps. html isn't too bad but anything else usually sucks.

Well, you're going to get flamed for that last comment. TeX is very good
for producing ps/pdf. Whilst I'm a visual DTP sucker, I can still value the
beautiful text that comes from the average TeX processed document. Lovely
stuff.

DocBook is perfect for what you're doing though (and you can process it
with TeX as well!) so you should check out docbook.org, read the definitive
guide (O'Reilly book also published on docbook.org) and if you feel like it,
grab the GNOME Project's docbook stylesheets - they're very yummy. You
can find them on the GDP site on gnome.org.

Get in touch if you need help setting it up or anything.

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

        Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so
                     cold of heart as never to express it.