From: Arthur Barton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 2:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SLUG] Strange Kernel Compilations

Hey there,
   i seem to be having the strangest problems with re-compiling my kernel.
Machine in question is a relatively standard RedHat 6.2 (Zoot) install,
which i have had on other machines without problems.
The actual problem being, whenever i recompile my kernel (RH6.2 standard
2.2.14) or even trying it out with 2.4-test4(/7)(/8) it compiles fine, but
when i add it to lilo i get helpfull messages (on wrong box at the moment so
havent got exact error :-( ) something like:
Kernel size is too large.
Does this mean anything to anyone else?
never encountered this before, the image size is *smaller* than the default
kernel.
Idea's?

Arthur