I second this, nmap has been invaluable for me working out what IP's are
still free.

just get everyone to turn on every PC, then ./nmap -sP 10.10.10.0-255

just does a ping scan, tells u what machines are up, doesn't query for OS
type or anything else.

Brock Henry

At 11:37 20/09/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>From: Colin Humphreys [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> >
> >Is there a tool to query a subnet for ip's in use and do name
> >lookups on
> >those ips?
>
>nmap is a great tool for this - will also tell you what the machines are and
>all sorts of other useful information.
>
>John Wiltshire

Brock Henry - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (H) - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (W)

Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things.