>i want to send the same message to many ppl. i wanted to test this by
>
>echo "This is a test" | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -fdougb-sender@host1 $s
>
>from host2 and where $s is "dougb-1@host1 dougb-2@host1 ... dougb-2500@host1"
>
>now. qmail tries to send to all aliases at once through a seperate smtp
>connection. how do i stop this to force it to send it through the one
>connection?
>
>the logs have
>deferral: Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection._(#4.4.1)
>all the way through it.
>
>can anyone help?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to prevent qmail from
flooding the forwarding host, the control file to create is
/var/qmail/control/concurrencyremote which holds a number indicating the
number of simultaneous connections to the forwarding host that you allow.

If you want it to send just one email to several recipients at the same
destination, then it's another MTA you want. I won't go into the debate
about this.