-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Cooper [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
By "swapspace mounted as /tmp" I think Jill is referring to a system where
you have the same disk space available as both Unix file system space and
swap
space. Swap space contains memory information for processes and it doesn't
make sense for any of it to be preserved across reboots as all the processes
have died and restarted. Disk space you do want preserved across reboots,
but many systems clean out /tmp on startup. This is one of those
behaviours that can change from Linux to Linux, let alone Linux to
commercial flavours of Unix.