On 25 Sep, 2000 - 16:26:11, Bill Hiley wrote:
> For those of us poor souls who (occasionally of course) have to run a
> Windows program - does anyone have any experience with 'Win4Lin' and can
> offer any comparison with other products eg. Vmware, Wine etc

I have been using Win4Lin for a few months now, and since getting it,
I have not had to boot into windows at all - it is a _great_ product.
It uses a lot less resources than the VMWare solution, and if you
only require windows to be compatible with office productivity
software (MS Office, Quicken/Quickbooks, etc), then I would say
it is the ideal solution. It is stable, it uses Linux OS resources,
filesystems, and integrates very well with Linux.

Currently, Win4Lin will not help you if you want Sound or DirectX
support (v2.0, now in Beta testing, solves the sound support issue
however).

At around $80, it is an absolute bargain.

--
Cheers,
Jim.