Jeff Waugh wrote:

...snip.....

> > My experience in upgrades is such that I never upgrade now, unless the
> > machine it totally sacrificial and I have time to waste. Too many
> > "upgrades" have gone belly up. I'm yet to experience a debian upgrade,
> > but don't see how it will be different to other distro's.
>
> Hmm. Wonder if I can make it out to MacLUG to give a demonstration...
> Debian's different. It's easy. Scarily so. That's why it's hard to shut up
> newly impressed users like me, who can't believe what an incredible OS,
> community, and ethos they've found.

Well, we could have SPUDs as the theme for November.

Jeff can show the Linux Debian variety and I could show King Edward,
Kipfler, Nicola and Toolangi Delight varieties (SWMBO went a bit over
the top with ordering this year), although it would be better for
January when we usually dig them.

Any interest?

{:-) Okay, I apologise. I'll go back to do my GST statements now.

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.