> > I have a hub, and i want to connect 2 machines to the hub, and plug the
> > adsl modem into the hub.
> Usually, the best way to do this (similarly to cable) is to have one
> machine as the proxy/firewall, etc.  The other machine(s) to sit on the
> private network behind your proxy machine.

They both have nic's, i wanted to do it so that i could test one machine,
and if it failed bring up the link on the other one without having to do a
lot of farting around replugging connections. Currently to do test, i have
to bring the link down (which cahnges the ip when i reconnect) and while
the link is down my mail server is unreachable (local mail server that
is), and this is obviously a problem. I don't wish to cause mail
bounces intenntionally. So i was looking for  aquick (temp) way to switch
between the two.

Jason