On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 12:58:05PM +1100, Adrian van den Dries wrote:
> Wrote John:
> >
> >     The 100M versions of the card need the newer driver which only
> > ships with 2.4. It may ship with some distributions if the distro has
> > specifically compiled the right version in.
> >

> Perhaps that explains the 'poor' performance of that card. It's a 10/100 but
> I guess it's only being driven at 10Mbps. Is this correct, because as I
> said, I've never had 'trouble'? Peter, is it the standard kernel module that
> isn't recognizing your card? How's your modules.conf?

A standard Debian 2.2 install was failing to recognise the card,
modprobe'ing the driver failed with an error about specifying a base address
and irq.  As I've already said elsewhere, I think it may be a slightly
different revision of the card.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:40:12AM +1100, John Ferlito wrote:
> Had to do this a while ago. Now from memory do the following
> pci-scan.[ch] you need these as well then use the following to compile.
These are at http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html, and you also need to
get the kern_compat.h file.  There's also instructions there to compile the
pci-scan and driver modules.

If anybody's interested I actually just put all the files in my
/usr/src/linux/drivers/net directory, and modified the Makefile there to
make sure pci-scan was being built as a module.  Tried building it into the
kernel following the instructions on the site, but linking failed because of
mismatched symbols in pci-scan.

Thankyou John and Adrian.
Peter
[EMAIL PROTECTED]