I have been using David Sill's qmail startup script until now. I started
tweaking this script, since I have upgrade my distro. Now, I have all my
qmail system setup the way it was.

According to David's startup script, we would be using the "supervise" to
run the tcpserver. These are the following directories that were created
to support this script.

/var/supervise/qmail/send
/var/supervise/qmail/smtpd
/var/log/qmail/send
/var/log/qmail/smtpd

What should be the owner.group settings for this directory be?

The current settings are the following,

drwxr-x---   3 root     qmail        4096 Aug 15 13:40 /var/supervise/
drwxr-xr-x   6 qmaill   qmail        4096 Aug 15 13:41 /var/log/qmail/

When I start David's script, I get the following error messages.

* Send Agent Started...
multilog: fatal: unable to switch to current directory: access denied
* Network Agent Started...
multilog: fatal: unable to switch to current directory: access denied
Done.

Thanks for any help.
--

Subba Rao