Does anyone know if there is driver support for the Promise ATA/100 controller
on the Asus A7V motherboard? I want to have my hard drive running off this
controller, but I need to know if Linux is going to suport it, as without the
drivers "some-other-OS's" (tm) will not install to devices off this controller.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how much faster of slower (I hope not!)
Linux runs compared to NT/Win2K on dual processor machines. I heard someone tell
me between 60-80% of the combined speeds of the two chips.

Aaron