<quote who="Michael">

> I like those units, but they are not cheap :(
>
> I think when I looked into one, it was about 1200 dollars, although a
> supplier is at parramatta, so I guess that was partial good luck.

Bah - all this fancy-schmancy hardware, and what's the important bit? Linux!
Oh, and a camera!

Network Security Camera Recipe

 1 x 486 with PCI motherboard
 1 x 8Mb RAM module to fit
 1 x 200Mb Hard drive
 1 x BT848 video capture card
 1 x Very small camera
 1 x Roll of gaffer tape
 1 x Cheep'n'Dirty network card (8139's are always good for this)
 1 x Linux distribution of your choice
 1 x Ugly beige box to put it all in

Plug it all in and hang it off the ceiling. Connect to network as
appropriate.

Copyright (C) Geeks-Without-Care-For-Aesthetics, 2000

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

      I must be getting old... Buying toothpaste with gel in it is no
                       longer an Absolute Necessity.