I have just started to notice on a few of the mailing lists that I
subscribe to this footnote appears on the message:

    [ Note: This message contains email list management information ]

and looking in the headers I find the likes of:

Can someone elaborate on this, what list manager provides it (I know one
is ezmlm), and any other useful doco as I definitely have a use for this.

Has anyone noticed whether this footnote appears in mail clients other
than Pine, which I use.

TIA

--
Howard.