Gday,

I just purchased a new (secondhand) computer and I need to get the
network stuff going on it,  new computer is a P350 with 100 MHz bus
RedHat 6.2.  Fresh install.

I have two cards:

1.  IBM etherjet ISA.    This is not directly supported but I looked up
the notes in Don's network site
http://www.scyld.com/linux_network_drivers.html and it mentions using a
different driver.  I cannot make heads or tails out of the notes though
and the chip is mentions is CS89 and mine is a CX89.   Would this make a
difference, I am assuming yes?

2.  Intel etherexpress ISA.    I have done 'softset' and it chose irq5
and dma 300.  It was working fine in a win 95 (previously dual Linux).
The test function on the card works fine.   The problem is that the
eexpress module just wont start and does not give me a meaningful
message.

Any suggestions?  And yes I am broke from buying the new computer so a
new card is not a great option :-}

Ken