James Wilkinson wrote:

> Er, I think this is illegal in unix-land.  You need at least one alpha
> character first.  I think the syntax of usernames follows that of C
> variable names.

Which will probably result in a prefix system like;

s for staff
e for engineers (always handy to know who they are),
i for IT
a for architects - woops that will be a for agriculture out there {:-)
b for business,...... etc.

Keep trying.
Numbers make it really handy to track people up to no good; first you
have to copy the number correctly, then contact administration to find
out who it is, then you start to have some idea of who is involved.

Just great for personal service.

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au