On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Daron Barndon wrote:

> at that could cover the distance between the mountains and Sydney? I
> expect I would be over the 44 K mark although with enough height, line
> of site to Sydney would not be a problem.
Line of sight to the mountains is pretty well out of the question.  I have
had a brush with the SWAMP project (Sydney Wollongong Area Microwave
Project) linking major universities with (usually) 32Mbit microwave
installations.  You should have seen the trouble they had to go
through...  Anyway, from the City there are at least two hops to
Penrith.  Ok, one of the hops is a drop as well, but the major hop is via
the prospect tower (for height reasons).

tom.
Consultant

AUSSEC    Phone: 61 4 1768 2202
339 Blaxland Rd., Ryde NSW 2112