\begin{Jeff Waugh}
> Hah - nothing, I'm just being a pain. :) I'm using vim right now to type up
> this message, only the host I'm on won't allow me to use my favourite little
> vi trick, 'gqap'.
>
> When you type it over a paragraph, it lines it up, pulls out the space, and
> makes it purdy. :) It even knows how to handle quotes and various kinds of
> bullet points. Handy.
>
> I just heard the other day that Ctrl-J in pico will do justification for you
> as well (although I don't have it around to try).

M-q  (aka fill-paragraph)

pick your language. eg:  it'll justify c comments,  preserving leading
"*" characters, as people  are wont to do.  in email it  preserves the
">".  C-u M-q does full justified, like this paragraph is.

(and of course, auto-fill-mode does something similar automatically as
you type)

--
 - Gus