Hi all,

Please correct me if I'm wrong.... Is it safe to say bad clusters are bad
for a health of a hard drive?

I have someone telling me that bad clusters are no big deal, and it's not a
concern if a hard drive gets a bad cluster or twenty .. it's perfectly
normal for a healthy hard drive to do this, easy to fix and so on.

I seem to recall having hard drives replaced under warranty every time
without question when a mention of "bad clusters" was made.  I've never had
a healthy drive do this to me, any that have die soon after .. or suffer
from more and more cluster problems.

Am I losing my marbles, or is this person trying to avoid a warranty
replacement?

Thanks,
Jarrod.