On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 06:49:23PM +1100, Brett Esra wrote:

> My question is:
> To those of you using DHCP and DNS, besides the Perl scripts and Cron
> stuff I found, how are you keeping the DNS A records in sync with the IP
> leases that change every so often.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.

Do the machines in question need a stable name?

I typically use dhcp-01 -> dhcp-99, etc as name for dhcp machines.

Only recent rfcs (rfc3007/3008 iirc) begin to provide a way to
securely update a zone file -- some companies, notably microsoft,
have proprietary ways to do it however.

Anand

--
Linux.Conf.Au                   --              http://linux.conf.au/
17th - 20th January,            --              Alan Cox, David Miller,