1. Any OS is hard to use when you have no skills.

   I watched a 60 year old play with their new iMac, didn't have a clue. I
   had a guess but really had no idea where or how to find anything
   myself. The experienced Mac person seamed to know where everything was
   within one or two clicks, because he had the knowledge.

2. Linux is for everyone.

   Linux use ranges from embeded systems, dedicated terminals, desktops
   through to servers and clusters. They are all different and don't work
   the same, my server can be totally different in setup to your net
   appliance. Thats cool.

3. Linux is not for everyone.

   Some people don't like Linux, they prefer to use something else. Some
   people catch public transport, some people even ride motorbikes.
   Society is diverse and therefore the software world will be diverse as
   well. "In the future lies a post-Windows world where diversity is taken
   for granted. [Joe Barr]"

4. Should I feel bad just because I am experianced?

   In SLUG people talk shop. When I go to a dinner party and someone
   starts talking about computers, I keep it simple and usually say as
   little as possible. When I am in the compter room I rarely hold back
   and talk deep and difficult not to concerned who gets left behind.
   Thats how people learn, some absorb, some clarify with questions, some
   ask for more info. When you stand in the computer room don't be put off
   by all the people talking. If you ask a question that is simple you
   will hopefully get a simple answer, or if someone does not recognise
   you. But _please_ don't expect everyone to stop talking just because
   you entered the room. I don't think anyone here sees people as
   inferiour, maybe some people just perceive themselves that way.

5. Discussion is healthy.

   Discussion of what makes something good or bad, such as Linux is great.
   Especially when something like Linux can be streatched in many ways.

Back to my coding.

Rodos

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Learn more about Linux, visit a local users group and
Camion Technology | become part of a community. [http://www.slug.org.au/]