Check if their is a soffice process (eg ps ax | grep so) when this
occurs. It *could* be checking to see if its already running, then,
seeing that it is (in a sense) is quits.

*shrug* try openoffice

Dean

Howard Lowndes wrote:

> Does anyone have problems with StarOffice failing to start.
>
> I find occasionally that it just refuses to fire up, whether from an icon
> or from a command line, and fails to give any indication as to why it's
> not starting.
>
> I certainly don't have a problem with RAM (128MB) or swap space (256MB),
> so I am at bit of a loss as to the cause.
>
> Logging off as a user doesn't work.  The only resolution is a reboot.
>
> Perhaps its a memory leak problem somewhere, but I can't see any evidence
> anywhere else to support that theory.
>
> I just wish it would tell me what the problem is.
>
> --
> Howard.

http://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au       | Penrith City Council
http://www.bong.com.au                  | BONG LAN Parties
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        [EMAIL PROTECTED]