I have to map virtual domains, both incoming and outgoing. I am host to 3
domains, viz. domain, domain1 and domain2. Any one user will only ever
relate to one domain.

All the docs I have available give slightly different instructions. I am
running RH6, Sendmail 8.9.

Below is a cryptic version of what I think is needed. Can anyone confirm
or deny?

There are a couple of questions also: why does the O'Reilly Sendmail book
have the virtusertable as dbm, but genericstable as hash? Also, is the
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE entry only for later versions of Sendmail? It does
not appear anywhere in the O'Reilly book. I found it on
http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html (para.6), but unexplained.

Many thanks, David.

           ***********************************
vi sendmail.mc

FEATURE(`virtusertable', `dbm -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')
FEATURE(`genericstable", `hash -o /etc/mail/genericstable')
GENERICS_DOMAIN_FILE(/etc/mail/generics-domains)

m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

cd /etc/mail
vi virtusertable

[EMAIL PROTECTED]    user1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    user2

vi genericstable

user1   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
user2   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

makemap hash /etc/mail/virtusertable.db < /etc/mail/virtusertable
makemap dbm /etc/mail/genericstable.db < /etc/mail/genericstable

vi /etc/sendmail.cw

domain.com.au
domain1.com.au
domain2.com.au