Tripe publishing hits New Scientist (with apologies to tripe).

My apologies if this is old news to those who have to support MS Outlook
(zzzzz - woops it's happened again). Yep, i just switch off on the
mention of MS + virus, but I pass it on just in case you get accosted by
the PHB's.

Anyway, the current issue of New Scientist 9/12/2000 on page 14 starts
off "Hidden agenda, Deleting attachments won't save us from a new breed
of virus. Malicious computer viruses hidden inside plain text messages
...." and the shock, horror crap goes on.

So, if your PHB comes to you asking about it, don't worry, it is NOT
true, it is not new and it is yet another MS hole. MS Outlook allows for
the sending of help files (*.chm), which outlook automatically opens and
which surprise, surprise can contain script/code.

This may be of use to those who want to oppose MS solutions at their
site - YAMSSL - yet another Microsoft security lapse.

http://www.newscientist.com/nl/1209/ is the online part, but a quick
look could not find the story online.

   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  www: http://www.woa.com.au