From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Peter Rundle
Sent: Thursday, 14 December 2000 11:19 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SLUG] PCI internal Modem?

Sluggers,

I've been given a PCI internal modem and I was wondering if there is
any obvious way to tell if it is a real modem or a dreaded win-modem.
(like, before I stick in my linux box and give myself endless grief
for no good reason ;-)

It has lots of chips all over it, jumpers to set the com port and an
Austel approval sticker, but I figure that's doesn't a modem make.
What should I be looking for? Oh yeah, made in Taiwan with no brand
name what so ever.

Cheers

Pete