>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 29/12/00, 7:18:57 AM, Howard Lowndes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Which NIC driver for VMware:

> What is the best NIC driver to use under Vmware?

I've just managed to get the network drivers working under Vmware.  The
AMD Ethernet Family drivers (look at www.amd.com) seem to be the ones to
use.  There are drivers for Linux and for Windows.  I now have Win98
running under Mandrake 7.2 using Vmware 2.0.3.  Win98 box uses bridged
networking to get to my server which is a samba server.  It seems to be
OK and in fact I couldn't have sent this email off if it wasn't working
properly.  This email is written using StarOffice which is a networked
version on the main server running under windows.

My only problem is that I still want to have my desktop as a dual boot as
well as there are times when I have to boot windows natively ie: Running
games or DVD movies.  The video drivers and network drivers are different
when under Vmware and I'm trying to configure it to use the different
hardware profiles under windows but not to much avail.