Folks, I've been asked by a family member if I can help them with their email system.

They are running a Linux server + database which is connected to the net via a
dial-on-demand modem.
What we want to do, is have all the mail for the domain (ie all mail to
mydomain.com.au) downloaded by the linux box and then redistributed to the users'
mailboxes.

Now I have looked at this in the past and I found that there are problems with using a
central mailbox and a single POP client such as fetchmail to do the job.  In
particular, if the destination email address is contained in a bcc: field (ie from a
list or alias), there is no way of the local system knowing who the email is destined
for.  This also applies to email sent from a forwarder.

Does anyone know of any other methods that would be appropriate.  The mail volume is
quite low - < 30 emails a day.

I have also thought that UUCP over IP (and then pipe this to sendmail) might me
appropriate - are there any ISPs that can handle this (cheaply) ?

Outbound mail works fine via sendmail - anyone know how to make sendmail queue, rather
than bring the link up for each message ?

Matt