> > I am unsure if the problem is with Telstra (the whole ADSL thing seems
> > slow and unreliable at this time), a problem with my line or a linux
> > thing.
>
> Welcome to Telstra ADSL.
>
> It's been hopeless for the last few days, up and down all the time, terrible
> speed and latency.

I would have to agree.

> Guess you only get what you pay for-- oh, hold on...

I though I was paying quite a lot for the amount I have been able to use
it lately.

I understand if you turn the modem on an off it resyncs or something which
can improve things. Failing that telstra will check the line for a fault.

Apparently the IP addresses are alocated new each time you log in. It is
not like DHCP on ethernet where you tend to get the same IP back (or cable
as I understand)

Richard