<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

> I have two RH 6.2 boxes, both running gdm linked together on a private
> network. I would like to be able to log into either box from a single
> workstation.

Okay, GDM is a bit of a mess at the moment. :) Red Hat shipped a beta2
version of it, whilst Ximian has a beta4 version of it, and the current
maintainer (George Lebl, who was out here for lca) is having a whale of a
time getting it up to speed for the Gnome 1.4 release.

Essentially, XDMCP has been broken and fixed in so many versions, with so
many patches not provided for upstream, that it's unsurprising you're having
trouble.

Which version of GDM are you running? Best bet is to grab the latest Ximian
one, and see how that goes.

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

                I get my kicks above the .sigline, sunshine.