> Hi all,
>
> This is probably a fairly simple question, but i cant figure it out from
> the cups manual.
>
> I have an epson stylus colour 800 inkjet printer.
>
> It wors fine with linux, except i have a small problem with the paralell
> port on my computer. It doesn;t seem to work at all. Neither under linux
> or windows. Which dashed my first plans to hook my printer back up to my
> computer.

I have one of the epson color 12?? printers and it works very well with
cups and the standard suse lpr

> script all right, four pages of text post script commands, rather than a
> nice rendered image.

That obviously wont work as it is not a postscript printer. Have you used
the correct driver with CUPS the epson printers are supported, although I
dont know about the 800

> Now what I want to know, is there any way to rasterise this image before i
> send it over the netowrk to the printer ? Or convert it into something
> useful for the printer, without having a whole second computer, seeing as
> this printserver is only being used becasue of an apparently faulty
> parralell port ?

Cups has a modified version of ghostscript to do this I think.

Richard

[EMAIL PROTECTED]