I'd like to install RH 7.0 on my laptop.

The problem is that, at the moment, the laptop is infested with
Windows 2000. I'd like to go completely over to Linux (ie, no
partitioning.

I assume that I should with a clean slate, ie., an empty hard
disk, but I'm not sure how this can be done. The booklet
accompanying the CDs is silent on the matter.

So I asked about.

The advice I've received thus far:---

1) Uninstall Windows.

2) No, wipe the disk.

3) No, simply over write Windows.

Can anyone comment on this, please?

[I have a problem with logic here. It seems to me that I cannot
order an operating system to destroy/remove itself, because what
carries out this operation, ie., what's left after completion, is
part of the operating system. Am I right?]

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards,

Bill Bennett.