Meeting - Friday, 23nd February, 2001
                   -------------------------------------

The Usual Suspects
------------------

  * Q&A - "What has Linux done for/to me lately?"
  * Linux News & Discussion

He's Baaaack!
-------------

Conrad has returned from New York (LWE) and Brussels (OSDEM) with some
hacks, and stories...

  "I'll do a (short/userlevel) talk at this months meeting about my new
  presentation tool ekepoint.

  "When I got to America I decided to rewrite my presentation as a C program
  using Evas. I abstracted out the engine and turned it into a library
  (libekepoint). Then at OSDEM I wrote a magicpoint replacement (ekemagic)
  cos Wichert's laptop was [unwell]. It reads the same slides but doesn't
  [have an ungainly appearance].

  "I'll also crap on about the two conferences. (OSDEM rocked by the way,
  fyodor on nmap was awesome)."

Our first Conectiva Review!
---------------------------

Jason is our Conectiva guinea pig, and it looks like he's survived. What
happens when you cross Brazil, RPM and apt? <i>A evolucao da especie!</i> Or at
least that's what they say.

Plus, as always, dinner afterwards

Directions to this month's SLUG meeting:

See you all there!

- Jeff

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ------------------------------- http://linux.conf.au/ --

                - What inspired you to become a bus driver?
                             - Linus Torvalds.