Hi all,

Two quick questions.

I have an old SCSI HP ScanJet5p that should work, but i cant get linux to
detect the scanner on the SCSI controller that came with the card. The
card is detected ok but it insists that there are no devices connected ?

Any idea why anybody ?

Also, I have an epson colour stylus printer.

However the printer port on my computer appears to be broken. No matter
what setting i try, the port detects, but any attempt to use results in an
lp0 on fire error.

If anybody has any ideas there please let me know ?

It isn't the pritner or the cable , as i can plug the printer into another
computer and it prints ok.

I was wondering if perhaps the printer would work if I got one of those
USB->parralell adapters i've seen around, then try to set the thing up as
a USB Printer under linux ? Is this even doable ? Or have ai lost the the
plot.

Jason